5 Killer Ways to Boost Your Blog Traffic
It’s hard to get noticed in the digital landscape. Often, you can feel like you are drowning in a sea of savvy competitors who seem to have alllllllll the right tools to magnetise and dazzle their audiences.
Blogging is an area where making yourself stand out is particularly difficult thanks to the free-for-all invitation for members of the public to set up a platform and start punching out a never-ending stream of articles. However, there are a few tips you can take on-board to help drive more traffic towards your blog and get your brand – personal, business or otherwise – noticed.
1. Sharing is caring. Once you’ve hit that ‘publish’ button, it can be tempting to sit back and hope to reel those readers in. However, the process isn’t quite finished yet: in order to maximise your blog’s exposure, you’ll want to share it on a variety of platforms beyond your website. Post it on all your social media channels and add social share buttons at the bottom of each blog article to encourage your readers to re-post on their own platforms.
2. Add helpful internal links. Where relevant, find opportunities to insert links to other blog articles you have already posted. This will help search engines to index your content while providing valuable extra information to your readers.
3. Be smart about your topic selection. Rather than simply pulling a random topic out of a hat, do a bit of research to find out what your target audience is looking for. Tools such as BuzzSumo are great for plugging in keywords and discovering what users are searching for. Meanwhile, capitalising on upcoming events, popular news or current trending topics is a great way to get your blog post ranking high on Google.
4. Repurpose your content. Give your blog posts a new lease on life by transforming them into new formats. Try a podcast to add to iTunes, a screencast to publish on YouTube, or a handy infograph to email to your audience.
5. Seek out influencers to guest blog. Every now and then it helps to add a prominent name alongside your blog posts. By asking an influencer to write an article for you, you are significantly increasing your chances of gauging your readers’ interests. Influencers are a key marketing tool within the digital landscape: they harness powerful levels of distribution in the form of their own social networks, plus they add credibility, professionalism and a sense of prestige to your brand.