How to Use Instagram Stories with Maximum Effect
Instagram has only introduced its new feature, Stories, in August, but it has already won the hearts of millions users. Stories are used to share posts at a higher frequency without filling your followers’ feeds with too much content. The feature works similar to Snapchat and is very similar to it in many ways. These Stories also disappear in 24 hours, so you don’t have to try making them perfect.
What are some idea topics for Instagram Stories that my business can use?
You can push your brand forward using this specific feature by creating Stories of:
- Behind-the-scenes of various events
- Presenting new products or services
- Offering a glimpse into the company cultures
- Telling short stories
- Advertising promotional giveaways, special offers, etc.
- Creating special Stories when partnering with other Instagrammers
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Instagram Stories
Like anything with Instagram, using this new feature is very easy.
1) To get started, you just need to press the Stories icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
2) Next, you can take a photo or a video (press the round button on the screen). You can switch between the front and back cameras by tapping the Two Arrows icon.
3) If you want to upload something from your camera roll, instead of making a new picture, just swipe down and choose your Story.
4) The feature allows you to doodle on the photos, include emojis, or use color filters. Use this specific option to enhance the branding value of your Story by adding your logo.
5) Finally, tap Checkmark icon and share your new masterpiece. You can use the Save Photo option to make sure your creation is preserved on your account.
What are the advantages of Instragram Stories over Snapchat?
While these services are very similar, Instagram has a few advantages. The most important of them is that the number of active daily Instagram users is around 300 million, while Snapchat can boast only 150 million. You also need to consider the fact that these networks appeal to different audiences.
On a personal level, Instagram has a disadvantage as their Stories don’t have a screenshot notification offered by Snapchat. However, this isn’t a relevant issue for marketing a brand as all your posts are public by default.
To achieve the best results possible, you should have accounts on both networks, and use them actively. This way, you’ll be able to reach the maximum number of consumers. If you would like to learn more about Instagram Ads, SEO or any other service, contact us today!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG!
Receive free EPIC WEEKLY BLOGS and things that MAKE YOUR BUSINESS THRIVE!