7 Reasons Your Business Should Have Trademark Registration
We all know the importance of using digital marketing to get yourself noticed in today’s modern economy, but have you considered the benefits of trademark registration as well? Not only can it boost brand recognition, it’s also an ideal way to safeguard your business and intellectual property. In fact, it can often be one of the most valuable marketing tools in an age where competition is fierce and ideas are so freely disseminated.
While it may seem like you’re doing enough by simply registering your business name, this doesn’t give you the exclusive trading rights or ownership that trademark registration ultimately offers. Thus, to well and truly erect that signpost as a reputable and successful business, it’s highly recommended that you jump aboard the trademark bandwagon.
However, if you’re still umming and ahhing over the idea, here are a few reasons why trademark registration is an important facet of business:
1. Makes your brand a valuable asset: The more your business’s reputation blossoms, the more your trademark appreciates in value over time. Similar to real estate, trademarks can be bought, sold, licensed, franchised, and even used as a security interest to help you obtain a loan for growing your business.
2. Serves as a highly effective communication vehicle: Compounding your business into a single brand or logo enables you to swiftly convey the ethos of your company as well as your products and services on offer.
3. Helps customers identify your brand: With so many businesses to compete against, it’s important to distinguish a reputation for yourself that can be nationally-recognised. A trademark makes it easy for customers to immediately find your brand, and much more likely to remain loyal rather than seek out alternatives.
4. Assists your business with SEO: When customers know your brand name, it’s the first thing they’ll punch into a search engine or social media platform to find you online. From here, the increase in web traffic helps to build your rankings and boost your visibility, thereby working to deliver effective brand recognition in the online sphere.
5. Provides legal advantage over local competition: Registered trademarks legally prevent others from using your asset for their business, therefore elevating your brand’s professional status above your competitors.
6. Gives you the right to object to goods carrying your trademark: As a business owner, it can be difficult to prevent forgeries of your brand. A registered trademark enables you to oppose the importation of counterfeits carrying your trademark (or a mark similar to your trademark).
7. Protects your asset for 10 years: For long-term peace of mind when it comes to protecting your business, a registered trademark is the best way to achieve this. Once the initial 10-year period comes to an end, you can simply renew it to ensure your trademarked asset lasts for as long as you desire.
How do you go about registering a trademark?
There are a few things you need to bear in mind before taking the plunge into registering a trademark for your brand. From ensuring you won’t infringe on any existing trademarks to planning an effective strategy that will prove lucrative for your business, it’s important that you approach trademark registration sensibly by opting for professional, expert services.
Click here to find out how you can get your business trademark registered today.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG!
Receive free EPIC WEEKLY BLOGS and things that MAKE YOUR BUSINESS THRIVE!