Help,I've been hacked
If your website has been hacked,
hit with a virus, malware, spyware, adware or Trojan worm, do not engage with the hackers or attempt to solve the problem on your own.
If this is urgent, call our
emergency hack repair service on
1300 663 995
INITIAL HACK EMERGENCY CLEAN
$195 + GST
Our initial emergency hack repair service covers the following tasks:
- Backup of the existing live website, in order to restore data at a later stage, if needed.
- Remove the observable hack to get the site back up and running. This may involve a rollback – if your site’s host provides this service – or the repair of the infected files.
- Given latent threat technology (secondary viruses that can lay dormant), this may not be a total repair. However, within the first hour, we can get your business up-and-running again and start to resolve advanced problems and protect you from future hacks.
- Perform an early visual investigation of the files via file transfer protocol (FTP), to determine the extent of the damage.
- Setup and initiate a third-party server-side scan to inspect every file on your website. This hunts for suspicious code, backdoor and latent threats. The results of this scan can take up to 24 hours.
- Based on the results of the server-side scan and our initial repair, we may need to quote additional hours to fully repair your site. This typically involves securing backdoors and removing latent malware threats.
WEBSITE PROTOCOL STRENGTHENING
$450 + GST
The Australian Government has put the onus back onto businesses to protect their clients’ data:
This can include seemingly mundane information like names and email addresses.
However, in extreme cases, penalties of up to $1.7 million can apply for breaches.
Our website strengthening service can help to protect you from hackers aiming to extort money from you, as well as helping to keep your clients’ data safe.
This service includes:
- A complete backup prior to a full upgrade to the latest version of WordPress.
- Removal of all redundant, fragile files. Unused themes, plugins and idle files on the server are a known security weaknesses.
- Installation and professional configuration of proven security plugins. Specifically tailored by our technicians, these will give your site the best protection against future attacks.
- Address potential username issues to reduce the risk of ‘brute force attacks’, which can be used against encrypted data.
- Expert advice and recommendations that are customised and based on the information we discover throughout the process. This will be aimed towards enhancing your website’s presence and making it more secure.
- A full upgrade to all plugins, website-wide.
WORDPRESS MONITORING SERVICE
$85 + GST
Do you have someone looking after your website’s security, 24/7?
A hacker’s full-time job is inventing new ways to infect your website with viruses that can bring your business information systems crashing down, effectively halting your ability to trade. This is usually followed by a coded message asking to pay exorbitant, ongoing prices to go about your normal day-to-day tasks. The cost is generally in the hundreds and thousands of dollars.
With website hacking on the rise, there are ways and means to significantly reduce your exposure to attacks from hackers. For a business, maintaining your visibility and professional profile and online trade is critical.
This service performs three important tasks:
- Keeps your website up-to-date with the latest plugin updates and core system updates released to keep your security measures current.
- Provides 24/7 server-side scans of your website every six hours and notifies us immediately of any potential threats or incursions. So, if your site does get hacked, we know about it instantly, before the information is spread and your website ends up on search engine blacklists, having the potential to be indefinitely banned by Google.
- We equip and correctly configure your website with our advanced security measures, to make it significantly harder for hackers to get in.
- The nuts and bolts of what we include:
- Monthly updates of the Website CMS Core system (if available).
- Monthly updates of active plugins* (if available).
- Installation of security plugins to log behaviour and reduce the threat of `brute force attacks’.
- Continuous scanning of your website files to monitor changes or unusual activity that may need investigation.
- Immediate notifications of suspicious behaviour.
If the site is hacked with this service active – we will clean the hack for no extra charge.
Reduce the potential of being kicked off of Google search results
Reduce the risk of liability and fines. Reduce the risk of some sneaky teen hacker half-a-world-away laughing with his friend as they take your hard-earned money. Call WME’s expert web guardians now and insulate your business;