Introducing WordPress 4.3
After the first release on May 27, 2003, WordPress has become the most pupular blogging system in use on the web with more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015. Currently, there are more than 60 million websites which are running on WordPress. On August 18th, WordPress has released its latest version : WordPress 4.3 “Billie” in honor of famous jazz singer Billie Holiday. New features in 4.3 make it even easier to format your content and customize your site.
Menus in the Customizer
WordPress is famous of its usability. One of the most important features is Customizer, which allows users to customize their website in live-previewing mode. WordPress 4.3 added menu to Customizer, make it easier and faster for users to build theirs dream websites.
Text Editor – Formatting Shortcuts
WordPress Editor enhances user typing speed by adding short-handed characters which allow user writing flow become faster with new formatting shortcuts. User can easily use asterisks to create lists and number signs to make a heading. No more breaking your flow, your text looks great with a
* and a
- Using * or – will start an unordered list.
- Using 1. will start an ordered list.
- Using # will transform into h1. ## for h2, ### for h3…
- Using > will transform into blockquote.
Site icons represent your site in browser tabs, bookmark menus, and on the home screen of mobile devices. Users can edit their favicon using Customizer and when saving website to mobile device, it will has the same app icon, make your website more unique.
From version 4.3, when users want to reset password, they will no longer receive passwords via email. Instead of that, WordPress will send user a password reset link. When site owner (admin) add new users to your site or edit a user profile, WordPress will automatically generate a secure password.
Other improvements in WordPress 4.3
- Mobile admin experience – User can manage their blogs easier on mobile device
- Comments turned off on pages by default – All new pages that you create will have comments turned off
- Developer experience – WordPress 4.3 provides a fall-back template : singular.php for single post. Furthermore, developer can use the function is_singular() to determine if the current page is single page or not
- Link editor modal – user can edit the link content (or just remove it) without the need to open the modal lightbox. Users only need to click on the link to open the modal.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG!
Receive free EPIC WEEKLY BLOGS and things that MAKE YOUR BUSINESS THRIVE!